Aykes World

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Corporate Fraud in United States

Corporate fraud in United States is very common. By this I mean when big companies treats a customer in the wrong way and you won't know who to talk to or how to go about getting compensation. I have experienced it with ATT drop calls and still being charged for those calls. Moving my phone upgrade several months forward when I should have paid up for the phone.
In April I bought  six tickets from Spirit airline to come back to Dallas from Chicago. On that day I got several emails from the company saying the 7.57pm flight was delayed and as at 7.54pm I got the last one saying the flight has been moved to 8.46pm. Okay, I and my sisters decided to chill. Around 8.26 I decided to go and ask the desk ladies what time we will start boarding and they told me the plane left at 8.25pm and the board behind them showed the plane left at the time. I was livid with anger, as there was no announcement to announce boarding. As at 8.15pm, they were still issuing boarding pass to passengers. Around 8.50pm, I got another email from them that the plane left at 8.20pm, contradicting the display board time that showed 8.25. They started refunding or rescheduling passengers to 9.15am flight. Because I had my wife , two sisters and two children with me I bought another ticket from United airlines. The spirit airline staff assured me I can get my refund from Dallas office. The rest of the story is history. after series of calls and emails they gave me a voucher for future travel to be used before June 16th.
Recently, I made a couple of bucks through my blog and I was excited. I had told a lot of my friends about my blog and they were excited too. Then I woke up on morning, opened my email and there was an no reply email from Google claiming that I was clicking on my own ads and there goes my money. All the sleepless nights and efforts gone. and who do I report to? Nobody.
The government should look into all these little frauds and find a way to protect the average person because when you add all the money involved in these frauds and multiply it by the millions of people going through these on a daily basis, these companies are making millions

No comments:

Post a Comment