Aykes World

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Is Pep Guardiola a fluke?

First, let me congratulate Leicester City football club for winning the English premiership. That was quite a feat. I will not fail to thank Chelsea FC for making it possible by making sure Totteringham did not win. That game was like a WWE match. 9 yellow cards to Tottenham players. What happened to the beautiful game?
Now let me get back to the issue at hand. Pep Guardiola will not win the champions league with Bayern. It is now official, after three years of managing the club. Pep is a good coach, especially with his football philosophy, tika-taka. He dominates the opponent. People claim he did well in Barcelona because of Messi and Xavi, and a good team. That might be true or not. I don't care how he achieved that with Barcelona, but I have never liked his idea of leaving a team when he doesn't achieve something or feels his team is weakening. That does not make him a great coach. He is now heading to Manchester City, English premiership where a team like Leicester can win the title. After three years, how are we going to judge him? Is he going to win the premiership, yes I think maybe once. Is he going to win the champions league? I don't think so. So where does that place him? Is he going to run to seria A or ligue 1? Those are the two best options that will be left and he won't have any other big leagues to run to.
I wrote this about him in March and I still believe it to be true. At Manchester City, he will not dominate the premiership. He does not have as much quality players there as in Barcelona and Bayern. But he is going to buy. Big names will follow him but when these big names and big clubs finally realize that he is a hit and run coach, what's going to become of him? I will be alive and I will see. But I think the premiership is going to expose him real bad and he is going to be frustrated. Then what? Run or will he stay? We will find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment